blog


Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Heart Breaks!

My HEART BREAKS today! 

 I have been feeling sorry for myself because my son left for boot camp and I am feeling the growing pains of my children growing up.  My toenails are turning black and blue from the chemo and will probably lose a couple :( ....dealing with hives and trying to figure out why? And dealing with being BALD!!!!  OKAY I SAID IT...I hate it!  But, I am glad I dealt with the cancer...but the side effects just plain SUCK!!!!

But,...this is not why my heart breaks... well, it does cause my son is gone.  But my heart breaks because I know there are other family member dealing with things that are much bigger!  My sister-in-law Charlotte's mother past away last week and my heart goes out to her and her family and also I know they worry about their son in Guam!  My grandfather has been dealing with Cancer and is ready for hospice and his wife is no longer with him and I know he has been dealing with that. And I know that my mother carries a lot of worry for him.  And now another family member my nephew Zach is dealing with health issues and the unknown of the health issues.  And new parents (my nephew Ryan & niece Julee) worrying about their newborn son. And another family member (Randy & Sue) that worry about their son John on his own in Colorado for the first time.  And my parents, I know there are things that they just don't mention cause they don't want their family to worry because I know they worry enough about the whole family!   
And I am sure there is more with the family that I don't know about? 

 I love my family...and when they hurt... I hurt!

My Cancer is gone!  Now I deal with the side effects.  I have my last chemo treatment today and I am happy about that!  Thru all this I know I can only control so much...My Dr's, my treatment, appointments and how I will handle all of it! 

 But right now I hold my family up to God and pray that he would comfort and heal and carry them thru all this!




4 comments:

  1. This is what family is all about....loving, caring and praying for each other. I am so excited for your last chemo treatment. Before you know it you will have beautiful hair, no hives and you can always have toenails put back on at the salon, just in time for summer!! You, my sister, have been on the top of my prayer list!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! Love ya too and right back at ya!

      Delete
  2. Aunt Charlotte got it right for sure...That is what family is all about!!! You are so strong mom! No worrying!! I Love You!!!

    P.s. What a great song that comes on during that post!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you share your heart here on your blog. It's beautiful, Aunt Susie! I'm with you- there's a LOT going on with everyone. And I LOVE that saying Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. And the crazy part, but actually very cool part, I think, is that our God is such a personal God that he allows things in our lives to help grow us in whatever area we need... and to bring Him glory in it all. I think I needed to even type that so I could remember it! I love you Aunt Susie, and Camille is right- you're so strong! And no worrying too is right!!

    ReplyDelete