blog


Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Boot Camp for Clay

Song- You raised me up
Well,... a week ago I lost possession of my SON! (As his recruiter would say!) 

 My son is now at BOOT CAMP for the NAVY!  He has been waiting all year for this! 

 He wants to be part of the SWCC program which stands for "Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman"  Navy also calls them "the quiet Professionals"  They are the warriors of the sea.  Their missions are covert.  Their strikes are ferocious. And their forces are elite!  All SWCCs thrive on adrenaline and determination! 

Their purpose: unconventional warfare from the world's waterways, including insertion and extraction of Navy SEALS.

 What 23 year old would not want to do this? 
 Well this is what my son wants to do...he qualified for the program, now he just has to get thru boot camp and then onto training for SWCC!

Clayton has always thrived on adrenaline since he was a young boy wanting to be a Ninja turtle with his cousin, to jumping out of planes...and now the Navy!

Clayton and his cousin Kevin

Clay rock climbing

Clay just having fun

Clay sky diving
I am very proud of my son and his decision to do this and starting this new chapter in his life! 

 Of course as a mother I will always worry!  And since my son has been in boot camp I have decided that is all I do or have done is...WORRY about my children.  Now that he is gone, I can't worry when, and where he is going and  or when he will be home!  I can't believe how much time I spent doing that?  Now my mind does not know what to do?  I can only worry so much cause I have no idea what he is doing?

 So now I will have to fill my time and my mind with something else!.....  Maybe I will go paint his room:)

Clayton live life to the fullest and enjoy everything life has to offer, stand strong and trust in God in everything you do and be more than you ever thought you could be!

I love you Clay...hurry home!

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! Every time I would think about Kyle when he was in BC I just prayed for him. Prayed for his strength, his endurance, his attitude, his heart and his safety! Trust me when I say Clay is very busy and the time goes much faster for him then for you! Write him lots of letters!! Big hugs to you!! love ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char, I cry as I read this! When ever I feel a tear...I will pray! When he moved out the first time I was ready for that, but this is different!

      Delete
    2. I was heartbroken when Kyle moved across town but I could always entice him home with a good meal! Lol. This is definitely different....why do our boys have to become men! ugh! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Aww...such a good post mom! I'm so proud of him too! I love those pictures of him you have on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, the picture of Clay and Kevin is SO cute! We are praying for him also. He's been an inspiration to Dane. He's SO taken by soldiers now. We walked by a few men in their army uniforms, and Dane said "Hi soldiers." And then Jett said, "Hi army!" It was really cute. It'll be fun if Dane and JEtt ever get to see him in uniform. THey'll be SO excited!

    ReplyDelete