blog


Thursday, January 19, 2012

Going away party for Clay for Navy

Song-My Wish


Wow....its been a long couple of weeks! 

My son has been getting ready to ship out for the Navy, so... I have been basically a wreck!  Can't even  talk about it,...it makes me cry.  He has been waiting all year for this! 
Planning a going away party,...stressing,.....then on top of all that still dealing with Chemo:/  Then the Navy changed his shipping out date a week early!  I know my son has been anxious to get things going, but com'n give a mom a break! 


So I planned a party, got the invitations sent out, started the shopping and cooking, took time out for a chemo treatment  (thanks Cindy), rested a day and then started again the next day.  Thanks Cindy for the pics, that is one thing I always forget!!!!!!!!!!


Clayton almost 24 yrs (Feb)
 His Party was a success!!!  It was not a surprise, because there was no way I could pull that off while he was living with me. 

This was his initial sign in a year ago
 Thank you to all the friends and family that showed up to give him a great send off! 

Thank you Camille (my daughter) for helping when your momma did not feel well. And thank you to Clay, Kayla & Camille for blowing up all those balloons and letting momma rest.  Just to have you in the same room ....was a party for me! 
 And thank you to Mark & David for pulling a poker tournament for him and helping with that.  I know nothing about Poker and could never have pulled that together.  Thanks Tony (Sardella) for your help with all the Pizza! They LOVED IT! 

 And thank you to everyone that stayed late (3am) and had a great time, I know Clay loved it and he had a great time and will never forget it!!!! 

And for those that could not make it, we were sorry you could not come....you missed a great time and a great hug, from a great kid! :)    WE WILL MISS YOU CLAYEnjoy this new chapter in your life!

Here are some pics from the party:

Cousin LOVE- Clay, Lisa, Zach, Dane,Jett, & Teda

Clayton with grandma & grandpa Hoffner

Deklan & David

Dane & Jett loving the balloons!















3 comments:

  1. You threw such a FUN party! I'm missing my little brother already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Susie....sorry we couldn't make it. The time at BC will fly for Clay!! I have a card ready to mail to him tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! It really was an awesome send off for Clay!!! You guys did a great job!

    ReplyDelete