blog


Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Beginning


Comedian Jack Black (Did you know men can get breast cancer too?)
 It ain't all about the Ta Ta's is about things that I love...cooking, crafting, decorating, my grand babies, but right now because I'm going through breast cancer it will be a lot about that and hopefully I will squeeze in a few of other things!

If my high school English teacher could see me now...or maybe not?  My creative writing blog will probably have punctuation mistakes for sure and it might even ramble a lot, but that's who I am!  So here I go...
August 30th was the day I found out I had Breast Cancer.  This is how it all started.
I knew something was not right when I would lay down on my left side and could not get comfortable.  I blew it off thinking it was close to that "time of the month", well that time of the month came & went. And it was still painful to lay on my left side?  I could not feel any lumps, and I could not remember bumping or hurting my breast. so I thought this was just female related, thinking maybe a plugged milk duct?  But the last time I had that was 23 years ago when I was... BREAST FEEDING! 
 So I went to see my doctor and he could not feel anything?  So he sent me for a mammogram and an ultra sound.  So I did the boob smashing machine (that was fun!) and then onto the ultra sound and I saw the dark spot on my left breast and then the technician did the right breast and she started to measure, then I felt a tear and later found out that  was the breast with just a cyst and nothing to worry about.  When she was done she said the doctor would be in to discuss the ultra sound results.  At this time I did not worry yet, I think because of denial

 The doctor came in and we did the ultra sound again and when he did the left breast he said...yep this has got to come out! 
He was from France and had a very strong french accent and I already was thinking about Paris.  His voice was very soothing or maybe it was the accent I loved, so I was not thinking about CANCER.   The doctor said we need to do a biopsy and he was 98% sure it was cancer. Little did I know what I was in for.

Wishing now all my doctors were FRENCH, the news was easier to take.
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment