blog


Friday, October 28, 2011

Surgery

It was the day before my surgery, and I was a crabby mess!  I was never worried about my surgery, but until it became closer to my date.  I worried I should have all my laundry done, house clean and all the things I could not think of done? 

Thinking maybe I should take a xanax to calm my nerves, so my heart rate did not go up and I could still have my surgery. But I thought the anesthesia Dr will load me up with my sleepy drug and then I would not wake because I took a xanax, so I thought It was best not to take it. 

 Don't get me wrong, the xanax was ordered by my regular dr cause I told him I was feeling a little anxious lately, thinking he would have my female hormones checked because I'm almost 50, no he gave me xanax instead....and I thought what the heck, you never know when I'll need those?  How can you say no to that?!!!  So next time I feel anxious and maybe a hotflash, I at least know my xanax will get me through it! (joke)

I had to arrive very early on the day of my surgery.  The nurses had to give me some kind of nuclear drug shot straight into my breast...ouch!  It would show if any lymph nodes had any cancer in them, and then they would glow.  I was hoping the nuclear stuff was not my kryptonite!

My surgery was about 5-6 hours.  My breast cancer doctor Linda lui took care of getting all the cancer and breast tissue out and then Dr#2 my plastic surgeon  Dr.Anthony Admire took over and finished up.  He inserted my expander's
in both breast, getting my body ready for implants (my new Ta tas.)  I also had to wear two drains, one for each breast to prevent infection. This part was not so fun, actually I can't think of any part of this I could say was fun, except for calling my breasts...Ta tas:)

After surgery sleeping was very uncomfortable with  the drains, plus the doctors would like you to sleep in an upright positions.  So my best advise for anyone having surgery and having to sleep in an upright position is to get one of these nursing pillows and use it around your neck!


This show cracks me up!

I only stayed in the hospital for one night, I could have stayed one more night, because who doesn't love to be waited on?  I have 4 nurses in my family and I count my mother as one because she took care of all 6 of her kids and that should deserve a nursing credit.  I would have taken any of these family members for the evening!  But there are nurses who love their jobs and nurses you can tell its their passion. 

Well the nurse I had for the evening it was just a job to her or maybe just a busy evening?   I could not wait for my morning nurses....they were a breath of fresh air!


Oh...one more thing I was hoping during my surgery I would get a chance to talk to God, come back and tell everyone my story, write a book and make my millions!  The only problem is I can't remember a thing!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Susie.....we are so thankful everything went well! You are such a strong woman! You were so right in searching until you found the right doctors for you!

    ReplyDelete