blog


Saturday, October 29, 2011

First Dr. appointment with Surgeon

My post visit to my surgeon was a week and half after surgery.  I woke up that morning starting my day off with a bad hair day while carrying my extra bulbs of drains, so as women we all know how the rest of the day was going to go...!!!

The nurse had me take off me shirt with my breast less chest with stitches showing to anyone who wanted to see, which seemed like a forever. 
My daughter & Kelley (and only her 8 month old, and granddaughter was at preschool) was in the room and I was not nuts about my daughter seeing her mother with all the stitches and no nipples.  But then I thought NO,...maybe she should see this so she will be diligent about her monthly check ups. 

The longer the nurse had me without a cover, then it happened...the TEARS started to flow!!!   I had my first real uncontrollable breakdown!!!  You think that this stuff does not bother you, but then real emotion comes out when you least expect it! 





As a mother we want to protect our children from any pain that we may have, but this one was difficult!  And I thought I was doing my best to hold it in. 

I love my children and grand baby girls and nieces and know that hopefully through all this they will be diligent on all of their checkups and getting their mammograms 


3 comments:

  1. Oh Susie! This had to have been one of the hardest moments of your life! I am so glad you had Camille and Kelly there to support you! This made me cry just thinking of how upset you must have been. If God brings us to it, He will help us through it! lov ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Susie! Thank you for being so honest and real on your beautiful blog. I love you and what a journey this is that God has you on. And what an amazing thing you're doing by recording it all here. You're leaving a legacy of strength and courage as you walk through this. And I love that you're using humor too- what great medicine for the soul! Love ya, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! But actually so far I think my DIVORCE was much harder cause it felt like it lasted a lifetime! But I have not gone thru chemo yet....so we will see?

    ReplyDelete