blog


Thursday, October 13, 2011

Best day ever!

I will be playing catch up about all the cancer stuff.  But, first I wanted to share with you what happened today.  I received a call from my 93 year old grandfather from Colorado.  I have not talked with my grandfather in a long time!  He called to wish me well on my up coming cancer surgery.  I felt like I was sixteen again or maybe five?  As soon as I saw the caller Id on the phone I could not believe it was my grandfather, when I picked up the phone you could hardly understand me saying hello behind my tears!!!  My grandparents were married 75 years, until this past year when my grandmother past away.  My grandfather cared for her, in her last years after her stroke.  My grandmother was the same age as my grandfather and the most talented women next to my mother when it came to crafts, china painting, knitting, beading etc...you name she could make it!   My grandfather sounded so good and was cracking jokes.  He has been battling Prostate cancer and was told he has about three years and he is in the half way mark and he decided this past August to go off his meds because he said ...why am I paying $1000.00 a month for this?  He expressed that he is ready to go...he misses Irma (grandma), which I totally understand!!!!!   When you don't talk to someone for a long time....the GUILT TAKES OVER!!!  I love my grandpa and have wonderful memories with my grandparents!! 
 Note to self...when I am old & gray, I will never be to old to call my grandchildren and tell them how much they mean to me!!!   A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET!  love you grandpa, you made my DAY!!!!!!!!
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment