blog


Monday, November 21, 2011

Chemo Meds

I start chemo the week after Thanksgiving.  From what I understand I will be on all kinds of medicine, some to counter act the side effects.


  The chemo medicine I will be on is called Cytoxan & Taxotere.


So being on CHEMO med I will have all kinds of side effects!

 Loss of hair, nausea, diarrhea, mouth sores, tingling in hands & feet (which if you don't watch this, it may become permanent loss of function.....WHAT?),  Possible loss of nails or toenails, bone & muscle pain. stomach and possible liver problems and possible heart  and bladder problems.

 My treatments will be every three weeks for four treatments.   And in between the treatments they will be checking my blood count to make sure my white blood cell count does not go down, cause if it does if effects my bone marrow and I can get infections easier!!!!

 So I can tell you this ain't gonna be easy for me!!!...I am one of those patients that tells you if I am going to pass out,..... I REALLY MEAN IT!


This is what I look like when I pass out...I wish I looked that good!:)...actually I think this would be my niece Sarah!
 I passed out after I got my ears pierced, I think it was when my mother was cleaning my ears or when she was putting my earring's on and I said I don't feel well....well that was the last thing I remember and down I went!  That was in the old days when you would freeze your ear with ice and then use a potato to help, I think my Aunt Jan helped if I can remember right. 

I have passed out a couple times just from nurses taking blood, so I am trying to think positive and say this is NOT GOING TO EFFECT ME!



Looks painful...right?
It kinda funny, went to the doctor about a year ago and he put me on some cholesterol medicine and I told him I think its making my middle toe nail fall off and same with the other foot.  He said NO!  I knew it was not a fungus (but I am not a Dr, so what do I know?) I knew it was something internal because it was on both my feet and on the same toes (seemed like common sense to me!)

.  So he put me on some other kind of medicine and I started to have heart pains and I know this is dumb, but I went off of it!  I can't complain too much cause this is the same doctor that put me on xanax for my female anxiety!!!   I am still here and my toenails started to grow back!!!

 My sister also said her cholesterol levels were about the same as mine and she was not on medicine the only thing she did was go on hormone medicine to change her hormone levels and guess what.....her cholesterol went down....SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT WOMEN & DOCTORS!!!!!



I think her methods on Cancer make sense, just nervous to try them.
 But on the Hormone parts in her book make complete sense!
So losing a couple toe nails is nothing compared to what I might face with CHEMO!   Yeah, can hardly wait!   But, I do know when ever you think you got it bad, it can..... ALWAYS BE WORSE!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are so strong momma! I know you can do this! Having chemo will be a glimps in your life, that will make you an even STRONGER person!!! P.s. LOVE the quote at the end!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Camille, I love that quote at the end!

    ReplyDelete