blog


Friday, November 18, 2011

Chemo class


Went to my plastic surgeon on Wednesday...all is good,  had a pain under my armpit but its getting better and he said that is normal.  I think its because I was reaching for something (like doing laundry) and should have asked for help!  I may have to milk this CANCER thing out for a long time if it mean people waiting on me!!!!... (smile)






   I also told him I would be starting chemo the week after Thanksgiving.  I was worried my surgery would have to wait till I was done with chemo (which would be another three months.)  My surgeon said they still do surgeries while going thru chemo,... which surprised me?  He said as long as the white count is good.  Which is something they check while I am on chemo.






My chemo class was today.  The whole cancer thing  has had its up and downs.  Yes, I've had my tears in the beginning, more because of the unknown. 

 But CHEMO, scares the crap out of me!!!!  Talked about my treatment, nausea (which I already was) and lots of side effects (more on that later!)  Went into the chemo room and it was very sterile, like a hospital room with lots of chairs.  Kinda like the one below.














I was hoping for more of this!
 I was hoping for more of a feng shui room for chemo. I want to go back to my radiologist office, that was nice and relaxing!!!  When my daughter, son or sister get stressed out we always say... ewe saw, and rub our ears.  You kinda have to be there, it lightens up the moment.   I was hoping for a calming environment..lots of candles, calming music, flowers and running water:) 
  That would be my ewe saw moment!







So a couple days ago had a good argument with Kelley (about money... what else do people that live with each other argue about?) So I was still a little emotional about that and more about cancer, Xmas, my son leaving for the Navy so lots of things going thru my worried head.  Kelley has been very supportive but now she is having sympathy pains.  She came with me to my class and was not feeling that great...she said she was feeling sympathy pains.  She has been there for many tears...so I will cut her some slack!!!........ Today! :) 


But right now I kinda feel like before my hair falls out,... I may pull it out myself!!!!






1 comment:

  1. wow Susie! what an adventure you are on! I am so glad you are blogging so we all can read what you are going through and then we know how to specifically pray for you! lov ya!

    ReplyDelete